|Crashing the Boards|
|Barkley goes Coast to Coast|
Our Polish organiser had actually organised previous Basketball events in places like Buenos Aires and Chicago. The two other girls on our team were Australian, one had previously toured the States with her Year 11 Basketball team and had experience playing with American Competition in schools around California.
This is only the second time I've played organised hoops via Couchsurfing, interestingly it was also organised by an expat. If you're in Santiago and interested in playing some Ball you can find regular Couchsurfing meetings here - Basketball Couchsurfing Santiago
Update: December 2013
After being involved in the inaugural week of this CS meet its heartening to see its still going strong. Entering its 16th week at the time of this writing. Myself and the original Organiser are no longer a part of it as we've moved onto other Countries. P* the only Chileno who represented the first week has done an admirable job with the reins.
|The girls from the first week are still reppin it|
- Streetball in Santiago, Chile
- My time in Caracas, Venezuela for FIBA Americas 2013
- Finding Basketball on the Frontera of Brazil and Argentina
- Streetball with locals around South America: Christmas Day in Bogota, Colombia
Find other Basketball experiences facilitated by Couchsurfing:
- Social Sunday Sports, Basketball in London via Couchsurfing
- Streetball in Santiago, Chile via Couchsurfing
- Baloncesto: I love this game - Basketball in Europe (PtI: España)
- Balancing Basketball and Travel in Lithuania - Part I