Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Road Music: Songs to be happy to (Last time, First lines)

Its the final few moments before I head home after a year+ of travel. I've been humming these songs in my head, more specifically the opening lines as they capture my current homeward bound mood.

VIDEO: 'Juicy' by Notorious B.I.G.

"It was all a dream..."

I feel like I've lived a dream, the more I speak with others the more I've realised its human nature to build things up in your head. It might seem like a movie trope/travel cliche but it truly was a great year. During the course of my trip I learnt the gravity of being in the moment and that living is already the dream.

VIDEO: 'Mama Said Knock You Out' by LL Cool J

"Don't call it a comeback
I've been here for years..."

A Punk Rock title, a reference to Istanbul and my current catchphrase.
All the layers on one shirt.

A Zeitgeist photoshoot

I started this blog during my 'Yes-Man year' leading up to my year of travel. All the great results from my trip I believe came as a result of the energy I adopted and grew into back home in Sydney. I like to think of it as 'taking awesomeness on the road', I'm simply returning it to where it all began - At home and within.

- Find the entire 'Road Music' Track listings here

No comments:

Post a Comment